– The First Romanian School, a museum with the first Romanian printing press among many other firsts.
– The Brasov Citadel Fortress- is part of Brasov’s outer fortification system.
– The Black Church, a celebrated Gothic site – the building dates from 1477, when it replaced an older church (demolished around 1385). Its acquired the name after being blackened by smoke from the 1689 great fire.
– The White Tower – part of the medieval defensive system.
– The Old City Council- built in 1420 The tower,called the Trumpets Tower, is in fact much older, and was once a watchtower for approaching barbarians before being incorporated into the main building. It was the place where an alarm was sounded when danger menaced the city. What you see today is largely the result of an 81-year renovation after the great fire of 1689.